26.06.18 - 30.06.18
I'm unable to recall in detail what happened during these days. I'll give it my best shot.
I had some classes. My Wednesday class - I just chilled with my classmates because we had nothing to cover and they have a test next week that I have 'helped' them prepare for. My Thursday class is declining in numbers every week and this week, my class was all females. The class is at 530pm to 730pm so people tend to be more disengaged and tired. We decided that the book is super uninteresting and instead, I'll show a movie or TV show and we can analyse that for the next class to make it a bit more exciting.
There was a funeral proceeding for Helen two days after I found out. I decided not to attend. It was still too raw for me. I will honour her in my own way when I'm ready. I went to get a haircut in the same area as Helen's place but I couldn't get myself to walk into her neighbourhood.
Some time in between, I started learning how to cook some Chinese cuisine from Baidu. My goal is to be able to cook some decent dishes for when my mum comes down in a few months.
I also went to a popular bookstore called Libraire Avant-Garde on Guangzhou Road near Nanjing University. It's located in an old carpark, and has a pretty cool vibe about it in terms of interior design. Although every book was in Chinese, I couldn't have left this bookstore without buying a book. Luckily, I found the business and economics section and found a book called from 'Made in China to Created in China'. This was a topic that I was deeply interested in. The rebalancing of China's economy from a low-cost manufacturing country to a knowledge-based economy. It might take me a whole year to read this book but I have to start somewhere right?
No comments:
Post a Comment