30/06/18
Woke up early yesterday morning so I decided to put on a film.
The Dark Knight Rises. One of my favourite films of all time. The narrative.
The music. The one-liners. The pit. My favourite scene is at the very end when Batman
has to take the nuclear bomb over the bay to save the people and Jim Gordon
wants Batman to reveal himself so Gotham knows who its hero is. ‘A hero can be
anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boys shoulders to let him know that the world hadn’t ended.’ And
that’s when Jim realises it’s Bruce Wayne. So. Good.
Afterwards, I watched a bit of the footy. My boys Carlton
were playing Port. Kade Simpson, a Carlton legend was playing his 300th,
so I had to show him some respect by putting on the TV. Only lasted until about
half time before I called it quits on the game. We always have a great first
quarter but it goes downhill from there.
Dinner at a hotpot place with a friend of mine. I was able
to get a 20% discount using my long-expired student card, which was a bonus. Caught
a Didi in a taxi. Business is rough. Taxi driver got me to download another app
so he can earn an extra 2 RMB. It’s a struggle for taxi drivers. Their business
is being eaten up by the ride sharing apps. On the way home, it just started bucketing
down with rain. I had the World Cup to look forward to. France v Argentina was
a cracking game. 4-3. Lots of goals, lots of drama. Had a two hour break after
the game until the next one so I started rewatching Suits and realised how good
it is. Uruguay vs Portugal. Fell asleep half way through only to wake up 2-1. Messi
and Ronaldo both out of the World Cup tonight. Shows that it’s truly a team
game and one man can’t do it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment