21.04.18
WeChat Run: 7981 steps
A taste of home
Very happy to find out that a friend of a friend runs a bar, about a 5 minute walk from my place, that shows the footy on the weekends. Today, we watched it in Tap Planet, one of the many bars in the Chic Hills complex. It had a selection of about 40 different craft beers on tap, which in my personal opinion is definitely overdoing it. Met a few Aussie blokes who had also been in China for many years and was good to hear the familiar accent again.
Isle of Dog
I'm a 5 minute walk to another complex called Litchi Plaza, which has a few nice restaurants and a few movie theatres. Isle of Dog just came out in cinemas yesterday in China and I saw the trailer for it before and wanted to watch it. Never seen this before but inside the cinemas, there are mini couches at the very back row (doesn't have the arm rest in the middle - perfect for couples). I enjoyed the movie - the animation was very well done and very detailed. Sometimes you couldn't understand what was said because it was all in Japanese, but I think it adds to the effect of the movie being something fresh and different and/or sometimes you don't need to understand what's being said to understand what is happening.
Bar within a bar
So I've come across this a bit here but there seems to be a theme of having a bar within a larger bar ie. the owner rents out a section or floor of the bar, to another bar. My mate runs a bar called Arcano (imports Aussie wines and beers such as VB and Crown Lagers) which is the second floor of a popular bar called Loop. After the movie, my mate and I had a drink there and I must say, I have been very impressed with the Nanjing nightlife and the selection of nice bars around town.
No comments:
Post a Comment