Saturday, 14 April 2018

Day 5

14.04.18

Back in Melbourne?
Experiencing all four seasons in the time I've been here. 

Getting used to eating out by myself.
All three meals today. 

Finally have internet.
Took less than 24 hrs to from signing the contract to getting it installed. Loving the efficiency here in China.

WeChat does it again.
The Order to Receive process for my dinner was all done through WeChat. Scan QR code for the menu. Pay. Eat. Simple. Efficient. China.

Balling with the locals.
Rainy day but still managed to get a few hours of shooting hoops in. I love using the 'Can't speak Chinese' card - keeps them interested. 

It's a grind.
I've gained an appreciation for those who sacrifice it all to live in a completely foreign country. Lucky I can speak a bit of Mandarin to get myself by but imagine if you couldn't even speak the language. It's a different ball game when you move for work. Meeting people is a lot harder. If you came here to study, you could make friends at your university, in your dorms or with social clubs and activities. It's much tougher when you're here for work. Things are not as easy. I find it more challenging to put myself in social situations. 

Been topping the WeChat Run leaderboard 
Need to hit 10000 steps a day.

Chinese phrase of the day
Can't think of any today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 82

01/07 First day of July. Had three hours of teaching today. It’s always nice to teach new students. I had some new faces in my two cla...