Monday, 30 April 2018

Day 18

27.04.18

WeRun Update: 5111 steps

Mobike Update: 26 minutes

Arcano is the go
After my two hour TESOL lesson, I rode to my mate's bar Arcano to watch the Blues v Doggies game. Fortunately, his chef also rocked up, which meant that I could get my first parma in China. Boy, it did not disappoint. It really brought me back those homely feels, which I needed after two hours of teaching English to non-existent students. Parmas, footy, PS4 with FIFA/2K, electronic darts board, good atmosphere, great tunes. Rooftop bar about to open soon. This bar has and will continue to be a classic here in Nanjing.

Liu at the Miu 
So I'm back again at Miu, this time it's my friend's very first time clubbing. They loved it. The energy there was amazing yet again - everyone was just going off (the Chinese really know how to get LIT). Still not a fan of their dancing but the effort is there. Free entry and no dress code makes it even better. They have these Russian performers on every week and an African MC who speaks Chinese (and when I say he speaks Chinese, I mean he can countdown from 10 to 1 in Chinese). I'll give an analysis of the crowd when I become a veteran there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 82

01/07 First day of July. Had three hours of teaching today. It’s always nice to teach new students. I had some new faces in my two cla...