Wednesday, 25 April 2018

Day 15

24.04.18

WeRun Update: 11366 steps (finally hit 10k)

First run
Went for my first run today at 8am. Ran along the busy main road. Copped a lot of stares because no one really runs on the main street. Felt good though. 

The Post
I'm a big fan of Tom Hanks so I watched his most recent film - The Post. It's about the happenings when some journalist leaks top secret, classified documents about how the American government lied to the public about progress in the Vietnam War. I found it to be an interesting insight into the press and how it operates and how it's shaped by the politicians and relationships. It's also based on a true story, so I learnt something new about American political history. Great acting by Hanksy and Merryl Streep who plays the heiress of the Washington Post. 

Update on Work
So I will be getting a TESOL certification so that I'll be a certified English teacher in the future. It cost me around 6800RMB for 15 lessons and 1200RMB for the certification itself. It's pretty steep but I guess it needed to be done. I start my first class on Thursday,

Footy on a weekday
What better way to finish off the day by watching some Anzac Day footy - Richmond v Melbourne. My mate Liam chucked on the footy as his bar and we ordered some pizza to go with it. The pizza was not bad (I had low expectations) and apparently one of the better pizzas in town (Uncles Pizza)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 82

01/07 First day of July. Had three hours of teaching today. It’s always nice to teach new students. I had some new faces in my two cla...