Saturday, 5 May 2018

Day 24

04.04.18

WeRun Update: 12346 steps

Mobike Minutes: 20

Hours left on TOEFL: 2 hours

No longer a tourist...
Went to the Exit and Entry Administration Bureau to get my passport approved for temporary residency - apparently they have to send all passports to Beijing to run a background check before I get it back (policy has tightened)

Almost done!
13 hours out of the way for my TESOL training. I have to prepare a 30 minute class for Monday on the topic of my choosing with a powerpoint presentation. Again. 

AustCham Drinks
The Australian Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai along with Caulfield Grammar School (who have a campus in Nanjing) celebrated the 20th anniversary of Caulfield Grammar's presence in Nanjing at the Shangri La Hotel. Free flow drinks and finger food, so why not? And I was really missing hearing some Aussie accents. There's an outdoor area with a view of the Nanjing skyline and conveniently has a basketball ring there too in a cage (only in China!). Some Chinese people attended the event in the hope of handing out some business cards and I took the opportunity to do some networking. It was good to see the Aussie community come out, despite having a small population here in Nanjing. Then back to Arcano for a couple of drinks (China's very own craft beers and IPAs...) and darts and that was a wrap. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 82

01/07 First day of July. Had three hours of teaching today. It’s always nice to teach new students. I had some new faces in my two cla...