Sunday, 27 May 2018

Day 41

21.05.2018

WeRun Update: 5264 steps

Lunch with Kenny
Thank god for competition in the ride-sharing industry here in China. I've been using Didi heaps and I've almost used up all my discount codes. Luckily, there's another player in town that's competing - Meituan Taxis. I'm meeting Uncle Kenny in the South Lake district where there's some good noodle joints and roast duck/salted duck shops. We get some duck and I've ordered some pork skin/pork kidney noodles (which was very delicious), then Kenny takes me to some sesame moon cake place which has a queue all day every day - also very tasty.

First class organised for Mr Liu
TESOL certificate has finally come through. They've asked me to run a 2 hr group training session for 16 people in Jiangning district (1 hour away from Nanjing). It'll be every Wednesday for the next three weeks, with the unit being on Telephoning. I've got my first classes at the school on Saturday - one beginner, one upper-intermediate and one public class (where I get to talk about a topic of my own choosing).

Getting me hair done
I struggle with having too much choice so I was having a hard time trying to find a salon to cut my hair, since you can find one on every street in Nanjing. To make the decision easier, I asked my uncle to take me to his salon (because I'm less likely to feel uncomfortable there and I've got my hair done there previously). I must say, it was a good experience. 1) The service wasn't over the top. 2) The hairdresser did not try to promote other services every second. 3) It was very cheap (50RMB) for a decent, no-frills wash, cut and dry. I'll take that any day of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 82

01/07 First day of July. Had three hours of teaching today. It’s always nice to teach new students. I had some new faces in my two cla...