27.05.18
Life discussions over dumplings
My friend Shirley just landed a job as a law graduate at a government office located in a new industrial zone in Suzhou, so we had lunch at a different alley near mine. When I rode down this alley at night to get late-night snacks, I would always see this dumplings restaurant packed, so we decided to check it out.
My friend told me of her interview process. Get to the centre in the morning, phones are taken. First, it's a written test. After the written test, only the top 5 candidates are selected through to the interview, a kind of panel discussion. She came third in the written but ended up coming first in the final stage. Although she is happy, she wasn't 100% set on Suzhou, despite it having good salary and conditions. She wanted to see if she could get into the department of a big enterprise here (even though the conditions are worse and pay is shit) - the reputation and size of your company is hella important when considering a job - especially your first.
After lunch, we walked a few minutes and what do you know, a new bubble tea place has opened up. Add this place to the 5 already different bubble tea joints within a 100m radius. It was quite busy since there was a promotion going on - buy one and pay half for the second. Most people were only there because of the promotion. The new joints opening up are all very similar too - the tea isn't that great but the overall aesthetic looks nicer and cleaner. What I got was rubbish, I was very tempted to walk 50m to get a 一点点 bubble tea.
A quiet day
I spent this nice and sunny afternoon finishing my drama Women in Beijing. The ending was quite abrupt and I was left a little disappointed. Then I got dinner delivered to me. After dinner, I went to the basketball courts to shoot some hoops.
No comments:
Post a Comment