Saturday, 12 May 2018

Day 32

12.05.18

WeRun Update: 5055 steps

Get up Blues!
Nothing to get me back in the mood than a win by the Blues over the Dons! Absolutely made my day. I spent my whole afternoon just watching the footy on my balcony with my newly built portable bedside table.

杭帮菜 Zhejiang Cuisine is trending
My friend took me to eat some Zhejiang Cuisine (Hangbang Cuisine) at a place called 外婆家 (grandma's place) in Xinjiekou, a place that has been trending since I came to China in January. There are always crazy lines for it and luckily my friend went early to line up for me. What makes the restaurant and cuisine special is that it really does has a homely taste: it's light (not spicy), it's fresh, it's tender and smooth. I think it's decent but not worth waiting more than 30 minutes for. But it was on the weekend and Xinjiekou is madness on the weekend.

When bored, go on Taobao
I've been very guilty of this. There's always a bargain buy there. I've been receiving packages almost daily from stuff I've bought on there. Today, I got some bedsheets for the incoming summer and a scale to monitor whether or not I've been getting fat. I thought I had lost heaps of weight from gastro but I'm actually the same weight so pretty pleased about that. The only caveat about Taobao orders is that they never deliver to my front door since you have to climb 7 levels of stairs - so I'm always going downstairs to collect instead. Nothing beats the feeling of something you've ordered coming so soon though, so I'm always willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 82

01/07 First day of July. Had three hours of teaching today. It’s always nice to teach new students. I had some new faces in my two cla...