07.05.18 (Day 2 Gastro)
WeRun Update: 3121 steps
Had no choice
Woke up at 4am after a difficult night of trying to sleep with this gastro. Today is supposed to be my test demo for my TESOL certificate but I'm obviously unwell to do it. I'm telling the school that I'm sick but I'm getting a 'you have to give 24 hrs notice' reply. Anyway, this gastros getting the better of me and I need to go to the hospital, but I can't register unless I have some ID, which is at my school. Regardless, I had to go to the school that day.
Cheap taxis
Can I just say, I am paying less than 5RMB or 1AUD for 80% of my cab rides here in Nanjing. That morning from my place to school (which is about 1.5km), cost me 0.1 RMB (2 cents AUD). That's cheaper than the metro (2RMB). The competition for ride sharing here is crazy and it's great for consumers!
TESOL done!
So I get to school and realise I might as well complete my exam now (which is just a 30 minute trial presentation but they know my skills so it really is just about ticking the boxes). Despite being on a benzo that morning, I was still able to dribble out a 30 minute lesson and officially pass my TESOL training.
No comments:
Post a Comment