Sunday, 27 May 2018

Day 45

25.05.18

Something on the side...
I was introduced to a guy who runs an English language school in Nanjing, who was looking for an Aussie to run some pre-departure sessions for students who are about to study in Australia. Given that I'm not too busy, I thought it would be a good idea to make a bit of extra cash and to understand more about the lucrative industry of language schools. The owner has done very well for himself - he started off 6 years ago in a small office and now has two office floors as classrooms for students and is in the process of starting up an international school. Currently, I'll just be taking the one student, who is 14 and is about to go to Australia for high school. They want me to teach him about the lifestyle in Australia, which should be very cruisy. I start on Monday.

Note to self: Check weather forecast
The rain never eases in. It just starts going hard within seconds so you don't have time to prepare. When I was on my way home, the rain began to fall like crazy and I didn't bring an umbrella. Got absolutely drenched, from head to toe type of wet. It was a quiet night. Usually I'd be at the bar 5 minutes down the road watching the footy but decided to stay in and order takeaway, whilst watching a TV show called Women in Beijing - fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 82

01/07 First day of July. Had three hours of teaching today. It’s always nice to teach new students. I had some new faces in my two cla...