06.05.18
Also known as my worst day in China so far...
WeRun Update: 80 steps
Gastro is the worst...
Woke up this morning and started vomiting. Must have been the shitty Korean barbeque that I had the night before. Soon, I was vomiting and shitting at the same time. This wouldn't stop for the whole day. Probably made like 10 toilet trips. Set up 3 bins around the house for me to vomit. Mad fevers. No sleep. Luckily, I had two batches of Hydralyte to replenish those electrolytes or else I would be dead.
Couldn't even go to hospital...
There are no GPs or clinics here so anyone with any health related problems goes straight to the hospital. I do live like a 5 minute bike ride from there but I actually had no strength to leave the bed at all. Going to hospital in China is like my worst nightmare. I know that there's always a massive wait, just given the population size. Anyway, you have to register your ID at the hospital first and I couldn't even do that. My passport's at the Exit and Entry Bureau and they gave me a piece of paper to use as a temporary passport - however, that was at my workplace - so even if I did want to go to hospital, I would have to go to my workplace first and I was in no state to even get out of my door.
Thank god for delivery services...
Since I had no food at home and no energy to leave the house, I used the trusty 饿了么 (Are you Hungry?) app to order some congee for lunch. Then I got some bread for dinner. Then I got some anti-diarrhoea medicine after dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment