Wednesday, 20 June 2018

Day 64

13.06.18

New hospital experiences
You really get to experience the crowdedness of China in one of its local hospitals. People are running around. Queues at every window. I had booked an appointment to see a specialist at 10am. Didn't see my name on the screen for 45 minutes. Realised that I had to swipe my card in first to check in, then they'd be able to take me. Otherwise, the next spot goes to the people without a booking. So I had this sample of shit in my bag lying around for 45 minutes without even knowing. Had to go downstairs to another level to get my shit sample tested and wait for the results. Specialist tells me to take 'some' meds. I go downstairs to the pharmacy and give them the prescription: in return I get boxes of pills and powders that I have to take 3 times a day. Not really what I was expecting for 'some meds'.

What else did I do?
- Had lunch with Helen
- Two hour interview class with my student Daisy
- Two hour class at the factory where I brought my students some TimTams! They liked it very much! I told them that they had to do a test. They told me that if they don't pass the test, they don't get back their 2000RMB deposit from their company. In that case, I'll make sure everyone passes!
- One of my students gave me a lift back to the area, which was very nice of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 82

01/07 First day of July. Had three hours of teaching today. It’s always nice to teach new students. I had some new faces in my two cla...