So I've hit the two month mark of my stay in China.
No more NBA
Woke up this morning after a bad nights sleep to some rain and when the rain stopped, and a very very loud fight between two men that I assume woke up the whole neighbourhood (at 7am in the morning). I'm on the top floor so I've got a good view of everything that's going on and when the fight started, people started to pop their heads out of their windows. A lot of expletives were used and the screaming match lasted a good 5 minutes before people restrained them. I was eagerly waiting for Game 4 of the NBA finals, believing that the Cavs could win one game at home. That was not to be. Lebron is definitely leaving in the summer.
Saturday afternoon classes
Three classes today.
- Upper intermediate - we talked about the pros and cons of online shopping.
- High school - there are these really cute Year 7 kids, 4 girls and 1 guy, who are just a treat to teach. They're always having fun in class and everyone contributes. Their English is also amazing for kids in Year 7.
- Free talk - this is a public lecture where I'm just facilitating discussion, we went through topics ranging from food safety in China, weekend activities...
On a side note, I'm beginning to make a name for myself at this school. There are always students who come up to me to talk and to ask when my next class is so they can attend.
Positive thinking please!
After class, I went to my friend's house for dinner. She had just come back from a trip to Yunnan to get away from all her problems here. She told me she went to the hospital and the doctor still told her to take pills. She's still being very very very pessimistic about life.
A new level of intimacy
My bowels felt so done at my friend's house that I felt like I needed to visit the hospital. Texted old mate Doc and she told me she was working. I had nothing else to do on a Saturday night, so why not get my poo tested? My friendship with Doc has entered a new level. She now knows everything about my bowel movements and has seen my poo! Talk about great bonding.
No comments:
Post a Comment