Tuesday, 5 June 2018

Day 53

02.06.18 (Happy birthday to my uncle)

1050: English Corner
First class in the morning was a public class, supposed to be business related but ended up just talking random topics. It's hard to manage a public class when you've got beginner level and advanced level all in your class.

1340: High School
An absolute pleasure teaching some Year 7 kids - they're all well-behaved and cute! Found out that I also teach one of the kid's father too - their whole family has Mr. Liu!

1450: Beginner
It was hard to get going when no one in this class wanted to speak - so I would sit there and stare at people until they spoke more. Always preaching my 'speak more' rule.

1600: VIP
Had a kid who was about to go to Canada to study a Masters and just chatted to him for two hours, got to know him and what he's about.

Finally finished class and there were 13 people in the queue outside work to get a cab - Saturday nights are always busy. Luckily my cab driver knew how to navigate the congested traffic (cut in whenever you can).

My uncle invited me to his army mate's 50th birthday - it was also my uncle's birthday. The baijiu came out - I had a lot. Held my own until about 9pm when I was in the taxi home. Got to the stairs of my apartment - 7 levels to climb. I made it to Level 5 and then it all came out - lots of it. Level 6, still had more in me. Felt like absolute shit. Smashed the hydralyte only for it to come out. Not the best way to end the night, feeling like shit and being in bed by 930.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 82

01/07 First day of July. Had three hours of teaching today. It’s always nice to teach new students. I had some new faces in my two cla...