06.06.18
Ya too old.
So I woke up early just to help train this kid for his interview with Geelong Grammar. One minute into the interview and he's been told he's too old for Year 10, and that if he were to get into the school, he'd be in Year 11 (and that would be too hard for him since his English is poor). I spoke to his mum, who legit looked like a posh mum. She was telling me how she has a 188 visa to Aus, an investment visa (where I later found out that you have to invest like 5m into Australia to get it). What it means specifically is that her kid isn't an international student when he goes to Australia - he can apply for public schools as well. So it's back to the drawing board for this kid, he has to improve his AEAS (English competency) score from 44 to 70, which is quite a fair jump. Good luck to the kid.
Perfect date
Did a fun exercise today with my students for the second half of the class. I decided to change things up by running a mini competition with a prize for the winner. I also wanted an interesting topic, something that could get the students engaged, so I chose 'Create the perfect date in Nanjing'. There was a presentation at the end, including an explanation as to why the date was perfect. I was really happy to see everyone invested in it and having a bit of fun. When everyone presented and spoke, I was proud to hear all the creative responses and proud of them for speaking for such a long time. I guess this is the feeling that teachers get when their students do well.
Put some respeck on it
As always, I was excited to play some football after my class. This time my friend didn't come so I was there on my own. We played a little round robin with 3 teams of 6 and kept switching after a few goals. I feel like I'm getting a bit more respect from the others, now that I've been there the past few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment