Wednesday, 6 June 2018

Day 55

04.06.18

Full day of classes again.

  • 1450: Upper intermediate private class
    • Two students, didn't follow the textbook and instead focused on oral English
  • 1800: Interview
    • Purpose of this class is for anyone looking to transfer to a higher level of class - they have to pass an 'interview'. No one rocked up. I still get paid.
  • 1900: Beginner class
    • Didn't look at the textbook again and just chatted to the students. They thought I was a student when I walked in. Everyone was shocked that I was the teacher - took them 5 minutes to register what was happening. 
  • 2000: Advanced private class
    • Two chicks who I'm familiar with because I've taught them a few times. They're best friends and today we talked about the pros and cons of one of the girls who was thinking about moving back home. Was more of a deep and meaningful chat than an actual class
Livin paycheck to paycheck
Finally got paid today as well!!! My bank balance was looking real grim this morning. I had 20RMB in the account so I was sweatin for a while. Can finally treat myself (a little).

Keep!
Felt super tired after finishing work. Got home at 930pm. What did I do? Go for a run. Was super hot too. About 25 degrees. Really chasing those endorphins. Downloaded an app called Keep - it's THE fitness app to use in China. 3km run. Absolutely wrecked afterwards. Needed an hour just to cool off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 82

01/07 First day of July. Had three hours of teaching today. It’s always nice to teach new students. I had some new faces in my two cla...